Waterwork Gabčíkovo was finished in 1992 after 15 years of construction. The intention of the builders was to prevent floods and create reliable fairway on constantly changing river Danube. Two lock chambers and water power plant were built in Gabčíkovo. The waterwork was built to generate electric power, to overcome the difference in water levels in the lock chambers and to prevent possible floods. Chambers are situated on the left side of the river. There is also a 10m wide bridge above the river. The operation is fully automated and you can watch the whole proccess from the bridge. Each chamber can be filled with 299 000 m3 of water. Filling and draining of the chambers takes around 30 minutes.
Cruise schedule 2022
SUNDAY 29.5, 26.6, 17.7, 7.8, 21.8, 11.9. 2022
Departure: BRATISLAVA: 11:00
Arrival: BRATISLAVA: 18:00
|Children (2-15 years old)||€ 25,00|
Minimum 100 passengers is required for the cruise to happen.
Spap- lod a.s. reserves the right that in case of low interest the cruise can be cancelled or the boat can be changed to smaller one.
There is a slovak speaking guide included in the price. The tickets are not refundable in case that the weather conditions make it impossible for the boat to sail through the lock chamber.
The cruise will be operated by boat HARMÓNIA.
- There is a buffet, where you can buy snacks, cold and hot drinks and enjoy them on our upper deck, from which you can experience great views.
- Written reservation is mandatory for groups bigger than 10.
- Boarding starts 15 minutes before the departure of the boat!
- Children under 2 years of age stay free of charge and they are not allowed to occupy their own seat.
Internet tickets can be bought at the latest 24 hours before the cruise. In case that it´s not possible to buy them more than 24 hourse before the cruise, it means that the cruise is full or there is clossed society. In case that you want to buy a ticket later then 24 hours before, we advice you to contact us via phone: +421 252 932 226 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Transport Terms and Conditions are part of the Cruise Timetable 2022. Slovak Shipping and Ports – Passenger Shipping, Inc., reserves the right to change prices, terms and schedules in view of facts not known at the closing time of the Cruise Timetable 2021